Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The "married " question

 I'm not the type of person who expresses my deep feelings today however I wanted to share a feeling I have towards that one question. What's the question you ask? It's the are you "married" question. The one where someone asks you " are you married"? Which you reply with "no".  Then they begin to ask you "Are you looking to get married"? "How old are you"? You don't want to wait too long. Or "Oh so are you in school"? In the Muslim community where I live most people my age are married with kids or the ones how aren't get asked this question on a daily. When you are my age and aren't married they think something is wrong with you. I don't understand why a man can be in his 30's and not married but when it's a woman she must have something wrong with her. Or she must be  very picky. Why can't I simple be waiting to I'm ready to be married and make that commitment. Marriage is a big step in life that's not something you simple jump into. Marriage is something your suppose to be committed to for the rest of your life. There are a lot of things that a person must have before they are ready and if I  don't have some of those things why look to get married. In the end the marriage will most likely end. It hurts every time someone ask me that question. I feel less like a young women and more like a little kid. You begin to question the way you have chosen to live your life. Now however I'm at the place where I get mad whenever I get asked this question. It's to the point where I just want to scream at the person who asked the question. I have to remind myself that this is Allah's plan for me and I have to except it and the ones around me have to except it. If it was meant for me to be married a long time ago say 16 then I would have been. So before you jump to ask the are you "married" question try to think about your Muslim sisters feelings and thoughts about the matter. I ask Allah to for give us if we have wronged one another with this matter.Amen I ask Allah to make the ones how are looking to get married journey easy for them.Amen Insha'Allah I will be back next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment