Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cake Mix Samoas cookies



 
It was a Wednesday evening and all I wanted to do was bake but, problem was I didn't have many ingredients on hand. I had cake mix ,no powder sugar, only a few eggs, vegetable shortening and no butter. Then I remembered that on the box of cake mix their  always advertising that you can make other things with the cake mix. So why not give it a try. I know I wanted to add coconut and I wanted to use chocolate. The more I thought about it the more macaroons came to mind. Funny thing is after I had one of the cookies Samoas girls scout cookies came to mind. So I guess you can say I was inspired by a macaroon but my cookie is more like a samoas girl scout cookie. In my opinion. So today I'm going to share with y'all my cake mix samoas cookies. Let me know what you think and send me a picture if you make them.

Cake mix samoas cookies

 Cookie base:

 Chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines but you can use whatever)

2 eggs

1/2 cup cooking oil or coconut oil


Topping:

about 1lb of melting chocolate

1/4-1/2 cup shredded coconut

1-4 tablespoons coconut oil

About 20 pieces of caramels

 Mix together the cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup cooking oil or coconut oil and 1/2 cup shredded coconut. The dough will be thick but don't worrier it's fine. Roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball and line a cookie sheet . bake for 10-11 minutes at 350.

Melt the caramel pieces in a double boiler or in the microwave. Add the shredded coconut and mix well. Sit aside.

When cookies are cooled prepare a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Add chocolate to the double boiler and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil at a time to thin the chocolate. Once melted dip or cover the bottom of the cookies with the chocolate. Place the cookies on a pan with covered side faced up and freeze for about 5 minutes. When hard flip cookies over and top with caramel covered coconut. Drizzle with remaining chocolate and refigerate to allow chocolate to set. You can also drizzle with caramel.



No comments:

Post a Comment