Wednesday, April 8, 2015

5 things to do before bed

What do you do before bed? Do you have a routine that you do before you fall asleep? Each and everyone of us does we just might not know it. I know I do. So not that long ago I read a blog post (sadly i can't find it anymore) about 5 things to do before bed. It got me thinking about what I do before going to sleep each night. I thought "why not share them with ya'll today."So I'm going to share my 5 things to do before going to bed.



          5 THINGS TO DO BEFORE BED



1. Make Du'a(pray)
Allah humma bis-mika aamu'tu wa aah'ya

which means: o Allah in your name,I die and I live

Hudhaifa(R.A) narrated when the Prophet(peace and blessings of  Allah be upon Him) went to bed he would say this Dua'a.[Bukhari volume 8 book 75/326].
I say this dua'a every night along with the dua'a for protection of the fire. At the same time I ask Allah to forgive me and bless my family.To have mercy on the souls that have passed.


2.Recite Quran
I recite surah Nass,Falaq,and Ikhlaas.I also recite ayat Kursi. reciting Quran before sleeping puts me at ease and helps me to sleep.


3. Make a list of what to do tomorrow
I make a plan/list of all the things I need to have done or would like to get do the next day.This way I wake up with a plan of action and I don't have to lag around.


4.Gratitude
Think of all the things in my live that I'm grateful for and the blessing that have happened. I think of say thing good/wonderful that happened to me that day. Like today I got to spend time with my sisters and nieces who can always make me smile.


5.Stretch
I like to stretch before going to sleep just to help loosen my back and muscles some.

Those are my 5 things I do before bed but by no means is all that I do. If you would like to know what else I do comment done below and I might do a follow up. Also when your down there let me know your 5 things you do before bed. Thank you for read and bye bye for now.
















No comments:

Post a Comment